Policies and Waivers
- Fencers must wear long loose fitting pants, sweat pants during training - NO JEANS and NO SHORTS
- Fencers are encouraged to wear tee shirts or sweat shirts during training
- Fencers must wear a complete fencing uniform, including knickers during bouting, open fencing, and at competitions
- Fencers must wear sneakers or fencing shoes - NO STREET SHOES are ever permitted on the fencing floor
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS other than water or sports drinks are permitted on the fencing floor
- PRE-REGISTRATION for fencing classes and programs is highly recommended. Space is limited to insure a positive athletic experience. Space in classes and programs is reserved for registered students only. Space is only be reserved with payment in full.
- TO REGISTER for a fencing class or program or to become a member of Bay State Fencers please register online or stop by during business hours. We accept Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason including: no-show, illness, prior obligation or for cancellations made less than seven (7) days in advance of the start of any program. Seven (7) days prior to the start of any fencing class or program registration is considered a FINAL SALE.
- If you must cancel your enrollment before a class becomes a FINAL SALE you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be issued a credit, minus a $15.00 cancellation fee for each class or program cancelled.
- NO TRANSFERS to future programs or dates will be accommodated after the first day of any class or program. Transfers due to injury will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are unable to attend last minute you are welcome to send someone in your place. Please contact Bay State Fencers in writing, by fax or email with your replacement's name, address, phone number and email address.
- US Fencing Membership is a twelve (12) month, non-refundable commitments.
- Bay State Fencers' Youth Competitive and Competitive Program are available for 12 months, September 1st through August 31st..
- If Bay State Fencers cancels a fencing class or program for any reason, you will have the option of transferring to another section of the same program or to receive a full refund of all program fees. US Fencing fees are non-refundable.
- Bay State Fencers fencing programs are for student's age 7 and older. Children, when accompanied by an adult may observe at any time.
- Children under the age of 7 are not permitted on the fencing floor.
- USE OF IMAGES, NAME IDENTIFICATION: I authorize Bay State Fencers to use images of me and/or my child with and/or without identification for Bay State Fencers publicity, promotional and advertising and release any and all claims and/or rights I and/or my child might have as a result.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY: I agree to indemnify and hold harmless, and hereby release, Armoryworks, LLC d/b/a Bay State Fencers and its managers, coaches, instructors, members, guests and other participants, and the United States Fencing Association from all claims, liability, demands, or actions of any kind in connection with my participation in any training session, program, tournament, or other activity that I may attend at Bay State Fencers, or any other athletic or training activities sponsored by Bay State Fencers on or off the club premises. This includes, but is not limited to, claims, liability, demands, or actions for personal injury or property, damage or loss. This agreement shall be binding on my personal representatives, heirs and assigns.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I understand that athletic activity involves physical exertion and risk of injury, and that the sport of fencing involves aggressive physical contact with other participants. I assume the risk of injury or other medical conditions arising as the result of my participation in any athletic activity in which I engage at Bay State Fencers. I understand that it is my responsibility to wear appropriate clothing to all training sessions. I understand that I am responsible for my own safety and for conducting myself in a safe manner at all times.
Bay State Fencers is a Member Club of US Fencing.